Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has won his fourth Ballon d’Or award.
A total of 173 journalists voted as he took the prestigious individual award ahead of Barcelona’s Lionel Messi who finished second and Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann who finished third.
Ronaldo scored 51 goals in 54 games this season for club and country which included a UEFA Champions League for Real Madrid and a European Championship Trophy for Portugal.
2016 Ballon d’Or Final Rankings, 1-17:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
3. Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)
4. Luis Suarez (Barcelona)
5. Neymar (Barcelona)
6. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
7. Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City)
8. Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)
9. Pepe (Real Madrid)
9. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
11. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund)
12. Rui Patricio (Sporting CP)
13. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Manchester United)
14. Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich)
14. Paul Pogba (Manchester United)
16. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
17. Dimitri Payet (West Ham)
17. Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
17. Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)